The need for mobile number update or correction may arise in various situations such as:
- If the mobile number registered with Aadhaar is lost
- Provider inactive or inactive in case of mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- If you have changed your mobile number
- If you don’t provide mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar
So above are some reasons that may bring the need to update mobile number in Aadhaar card.
Without an active mobile number registered with Aadhaar card, you will not be able to perform many tasks or receive various notifications when your Aadhaar number is used, so it is better to update or correct a mobile number as soon as possible. There are many more benefits of having a mobile number registered with Aadhaar, which you can find out from the points below.
Facility to link Mobile Aadhaar with Mobile Number
- Download Aadhaar anytime anywhere. If any day your Aadhaar is lost, or damaged you can instantly download your Aadhaar and print it to start using it.
- Update your address online. If you have recently moved and want to update the new address in your Aadhaar, it can be done online by submitting documents online
- You can open a bank account in any bank using Aadhaar OTP in 5 minutes online without visiting the branch
- You can apply and get PAN card within 1 hour, and the process takes up to 30 days if the mobile is not linked with Aadhaar.
- You can apply for CSC center
The process of updating the mobile number was much simpler and easier as there was an online option on the UIDAI portal to change or correct the mobile number. But due to some security precautions, UIDAI has stopped this feature of updating mobile number through Aadhaar card online, so now this process can be done only by visiting the nearest Aadhaar center or Aadhaar center of bank or post office.
So today in this post we will guide you through the entire process of updating mobile number in aadhaar card in 2022.
The process of updating mobile number in Aadhaar by visiting Aadhaar Kendra is very simple and does not require any documents, only the Aadhaar holder needs to be physically present at the Aadhaar Kendra to update their mobile number.
Process to Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card in 2023
- Take a photocopy of your Aadhaar card along with the original or letter or eAadhaar letter
- Visit the nearest aadhaar center to your location, if you are not aware of the location of the nearest aadhaar center, you can find it online by following this link.
- Get the Aadhaar correction or update form from Aadhaar center and fill every detail asked in the form, don’t forget to fill the mobile number you want to add or update and submit the form to the operator
- The operator will enter the information in the Aadhaar software and your new mobile number will also be entered, once the details are entered for authentication your fingerprint will be captured.
- Once your fingerprint is successfully matched, your update request will be sent to UIDAI
- Your mobile number will be updated in your Aadhaar card upon approval and verification by UIDAI which will take about 1 to 2 weeks.
- Till now, you will be given Aadhaar update receipt which you have to maintain with you till your mobile number is updated with your Aadhaar card.
This is how you can update your aadhar card mobile number in 2023.