Aadhaar Card Holders to Get Passport in 10 Days
Gone are those days when one has to wait for months to get his passport. Now you can get your passport in just 10 days. Yes ! in ten days. The main requirement to receive your passport in 10 days is that you should have aadhaar card. Apart from this, you need to follow a procedure that has to be done online. So, if you possess aadhaar card, read the details given below to understand how can you get your passport delivered to your home in 10 days
Note: If you don’t have aadhaar card yet, you must apply for a new aadhaar card and get the hard copy first before filling out the online passport application form.
How Aadhaar Card Helps to Get Passport in 10 Days
The Ministry of External Affairs has taken an important and helpful decision to rely on aadhaar cards for the identification of applicants. For the sake of finding out the criminal history status of the applicant, the department will now rely on National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) database. Earlier, it used to take months to get a passport. This is absolutely a great achievement for the department.
Online Passport Application with Aadhaar Card Overview :
- Applicant needs to apply online.
- Aadhaar card has to be attached as the sole proof for the sake of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address.
- The applicant will get the appointment within three days.
- In the next 7 days, the applicant will get the passport delivered to the address
Passport in 10 Days – Complete Online Process Explained (Step by Step Guide)
As you can see in the above section, the first point is to apply online. Before actually applying online, the applicant needs to Sign up(Register) at the Passport Seva Portal
- For Signing up – Click Here
- This will open up the official portal, you need to click on the “Register Now” button located below “New User” Text
- A new page will be opened, where you need to fill in the following information –
Passport Office, Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Login Id, Password, etc
- After entering these details, do not forget to enter the image code in the space provided
- Now you need to proceed by clicking on the “Register” Button
- Now you will get an email at the email id specified during the registration process. Activate the account by clicking on the link given in the email
- Enter your username and password to log in
- After logging in click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”
- After this, you will get two options to choose from named “Alternative 1” and “Alternative 2″. As we will be using the online process you need to select Alternative 2 by clicking on the link ” Click here to fill the application form online”
- Now you need to fill in all the required applications online like “Passport Type”, “Applicant Details” etc
- On the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” page, you need to click on the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to fix your appointment time. You need to make the payment via online mode using your Credit/Debit Card or via online banking
- Once the Online Application form is duly filled and payment is made online, you need to take out the printout of the submitted application
- Attach a copy of the Aadhaar card with the printed application form and visit the passport, Kendra.
- In this way, you can easily get your passport delivered to your doorstep in 10 days using aadhaar card. If you have any queries, regarding this, kindly write them down in the comments section.