Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents in India. Aadhaar cards are now required for various other services including banking, vehicle registration and insurance policies. Your authenticated biometric data and important personal data are recorded on your Aadhaar card.
Thanks to UIDAI’s newly launched online portal, Aadhaar cardholders can now update their personal details online.
If you wish to make any changes to your Aadhaar card, you must contact UIDAI. With the help of UIDAI, you can update your name, address, mobile number, photo and email address.
Many of us don’t like the pictures currently on our Aadhaar cards. If you also want to update smarter photos to your previously made Aadhaar cards, then read the steps mentioned below –
Steps to change Aadhaar card photo:
- Visit the UIDAI website at uidai.gov.in
- Download the Aadhaar Registration Form.
- Submit all required details in the form.
- Go to Aadhaar Registration Center and submit the form.
- You can take new photos here.
- You will need to pay Rs 100 plus GST.
- You will then receive an acknowledgment and an Update Request Number (URN).
- You can use this URN to track updates to your Aadhaar card.
How to update address on Aadhaar card step by step:
- Steps: 1 Visit UIDAI’s official website https://www.uidai.gov.in/.
- Step: 2 Next find the ‘My Aadhaar’ menu.
- Step: 3 Select “Update Your Aadhaar” from the menu.
- Step: 4 Then, select Update Demographics Online from the list of options.
- Step:5 A redesigned Aadhaar Card Self Service Portal interface will appear on your screen.
- Step: 6 At this point select the ‘Continue to update Aadhaar’ option.
- Step: 7 If required, enter your Aadhaar card number and complete verification code verification.
- Step:8 Next, select “Send OTP”.
- Step:9 OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Step: 10 Go to Update Demographics option after OTP verification.
- Step:11 Now to make changes, use the Address option.
- Step:12 Now to make changes, use the Address option.
- Step:13 Enter the information of your new address so it will appear on your Aadhaar card.
- Step: 14 Supporting document proof should be uploaded in scanned form.
- Step:15 Select “Continue”
- Step: 16 Verify that all information entered is correct.
- Step:17 Create the necessary payment on the payment page.
- Step: 18 Verify service using OTP.
- Step:19 Save your work and download the program.
- Step: 20 Use the URN to track the status of the address update.
Steps to update mobile number on Aadhaar card online
- Visit UIDAI Portal – uidai.gov.in.
- After entering the phone number to update, enter the verification code in the appropriate field.
- Select “Send OTP” and send the OTP to your phone number.
- Now select “Submit OTP and continue”.
- The following screen will show a drop down option labeled ‘Online Aadhaar Services’. On the one you want to update, click. To update your mobile number, select this option and enter the appropriate information.
- After entering the mobile number, a new page will open. You must now enter a verification code. Therefore, your number will receive an OTP. After confirming the OTP, click Save and Continue.
- Make an appointment online and go to the nearest Aadhaar center.
- The database will be updated with your current mobile number within 90 days.
Read: Post Office Savings Plan: Everything You Need to Know About Seniors Savings Plans, New Rates and Benefits