Aadhaar card is a special and unique 16 digit identification number. Government of India has decided to issue Aadhaar or UID (Unique Identification Number) to every citizen of India as well as Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
Aadhaar card is a mandatory identification according to the Government of India.
The reason for giving Aadhaar card to NRIs too is security. Every Indian citizen as well as NRIs have full rights to this Aadhaar card, issued by the Government of India.
The procedure for creating an Aadhaar card is similar to that of an Indian citizen. The documents required are different for an Indian citizen and an NRI.
NRIs have to submit green-card there along with other documents to apply for Aadhaar card.
Benefits of Aadhaar Card for NRIs:
1. Aadhaar card is a very unique 16 digit identification number, so forging the card is almost impossible.
2. These days there are people in India who operate under fake identities, so this unique identification number can stop such crimes.
3. Every year Indian government provides help for poor and needy people but due to low identity and without perfect documents, those poor and needy people cannot avail the benefits. But this problem can be solved from this UID (Unique Identification Number).
4. Electronic transactions of money will be easier than ever. Only an identification number “aadhaar-card” can do to get your money through electronic transactions.
5. In today’s world of social media and the Internet, the potential for theft, fraud and crime increases. So online authentication can also be done through Aadhaar card.